Monday 10 September 2007

Google Sets

There is an experimental Google project called Google Sets that is fun to play with. You give it a few words or phrases, and then it comes up with a list of related items. For example, if I give it "red", "green" and "blue", it generates a long list of colors (and "unleashed07", for some reason). As the list goes down, the terms seem to be less and less related. I can see a way this might be useful. Let's say you don't like iTunes, Winamp, or Windows Media Player. Type those into Google Sets, and it will give you a ton of other music playing programs, such as my favorite, Amarok (only for Linux...until Amarok 2 comes out). I was also able to stump it. I gave it "Oda", "Takeda", and "Shimazu", which are three clans from Sengoku era Japan. I expected other clans such as Mori, Uesugi, Hojo or Imagawa, but instead I got nothing.

No comments: